Elphin Villas is a "touch of Tuscany" right in the heart of Launceston - gateway to the famous wine growing region of the beautiful Tamar River Valley in Northern Tasmania.
The terra-cotta roofed villas with their warm earthy tones of the Italian countryside nestle amongst terraced gardens of oaks, elms & abundant lavender borders. Here the quietness is evident although it is only a few minutes stroll to the historic city centre.
All apartments and motel suites include the following:
Remote control colour TV
Fridge & microwave
ISD & IDD phone & modem connection
Kettle & toaster
Complimentary plunger coffee & tea
Continental breakfast included in tariff
Soft white pure cotton linen
Guest comfort and privacy is top priority. We offer attentive & personalized service to you our guest, to ensure your stay with us will be both enjoyable & most comfortable.
Elphin Villas is close to the Launceston City centre and 12 kilometres from the Launceston Airport.
From Elphin Villas its an easy stroll to:
- The City centre with its magnificent heritage buildings, Victorian and Georgian streetscapes.
- Launceston's famous City Park including Albert Hall, Plant Conservatory & the Monkey Colony.
- The Queen Victoria Museum, Art Gallery and Planetarium
- The National Automobile Museum
- Launceston's renowned restaurants & cafes for some of Tasmania's finest local foods, seafoods and wines.
- Excellent boutique shops in this vibrant City.
- Coles K Mart, Launceston Sports Centre, the Cricket Ground & gymnasium.
- The Aquarius Roman Baths for a swim, some pampering and relaxation.
Its a few minute's drive to:
- Join a cruise of the Tamar River, or visit Launceston Lakes for trout fishing - virtually an assured catch.
- Launceston's famous Cataract Gorge with its water etched rock formations & enchanting gardens.
- Penny Royal World with its 19th Century reproduction gunpowder mill.
Elphin Villas can be your start point for the Tasmanian Wine Route, the Tamar River Valley and Lavender Farm.
Places of heritage, cultural and National Trust interest in Launceston, Central and Northern Tasmania are but a short drive.
We're also within an hour or two of some of Tasmania's best wildlife Parks, wilderness highlights, retreats, National Parks and explorer walks. Cradle Mountain is a few hours away - just a day trip. Then of course, there's always the prospect of siting a Tasmanian Tiger - not yet seen since the 1930's.