Nestled on the edge of the Mossman Gorge in the Daintree Rainforest, Silky Oaks Lodge is the Daintree's ultimate resort where this rare wilderness can be enjoyed in elegance and ease.
From the moment you arrive at Silky Oaks, you feel the aura of the Daintree. Vast and pristine, it is the oldest living rainforest on Earth. The Lodge itself overlooks the Mossman River so idyllic it has no equal for natural beauty, supreme comfort and ease of access. There's also the added comfort of knowing you've chosen the perfect base to explore the Tropical North Queensland region.
With Port Douglas only 20 minutes away, our morning drop off and afternoon pick ups provide opportunities to explore the many boutiques, restaurants and shops of this coastal town.
Cruise along the Daintree River and visit the Great Barrier Reef or Cape Tribulation. It's all within easy reach of Silky Oaks, but don't be surprised if it becomes more tempting to leave the tourist spots to the tourists. Once you settle in at the Lodge, you simply won't want to leave.
At Silky Oaks Lodge there is no effort required to discover the magic of the rainforest. It's all around you.
Yet from the comfort of the Lodge there's no sense of 'roughing it'. In fact, the only challenge you're likely to encounter is deciding what to choose from the menu.
And whether you're dining in the restaurant, or relaxing in the lounge, at Silky Oaks there's a special brand of service. Attentive, yet unobtrusive. Silky Oaks Lodge is the essence of the Daintree.
Services & Facilities
- Reception is open from 7.00am to 10.00pm
- Major credit cards accepted
- Foreign exchange and travelers cheques cashed
- Tour desk
- Scheduled courtesy transfer service to and from Port Douglas once per day
- Daily activities program
- Facsimile facilities
- Board games
- Pool towels
- Flora and fauna reference library
- Swimming pool
- Internet Lounge
- Tennis court day & night
- Laundry service
- Therapeutic massage
- Complimentary Self Service Laundry Facilities
- Car parking
- Resort Boutique
- Safety deposit facilities (at reception)
- Postal service available
- Meeting and Function facilities available
- Disabled facilities available
- Children under 10 years are not catered for
- Selected guided rainforest walks through the grounds and adjoining rainforest
- Canoeing & snorkelling on the Mossman River
- Transfer service to and from Port Douglas scheduled daily
- Tennis day & night
Other Activities (charges apply)
- Rainforest picnics (hampers provided by prior arrangement)
- Scenic helicopter flights over Mossman Gorge and Great Barrier Reef
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Birdwatching Cruises
- Dawn and dusk river cruises
- Variety of spa treatments available in Healing Waters Spa
- Guided twilight and night rainforest walks
- Australian Wilderness Experience day trips to Cape Tribulation & Daintree River
- Great Barrier Reef and Low Isle cruises
- Quicksilver Helicopters Great Barrier Reef Cruise/Fly packages
- Golf at Port Douglas or Mossman
- Horse riding
- Estuary or reef fishing
- Rafting expeditions
- Day trips scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef
- Aboriginal tours & guided walks through Mossman Gorge National Park
Tariff includes tropical buffet breakfast and 4 course dinner with a nightly changing menu. Open sided restaurant offering sensational rainforest and river views. The Treehouse is one of Northern Queensland's premier dining experiences. The innovative menu features the freshest local produce and fine Australian wines. Open for breakfast 7.00am to 10.00am, lunch 12.00 noon to 2.30pm and dinner 6.00pm to 9.00pm. Special dietary requirements and picnic hampers are available by advance arrangement.
Positioned above the Mossman River, providing spectacular views of the Daintree Rainforest. Afternoon tea is available in the Lounge or Jungle Perch from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
Offers a "Planters Club" atmosphere with inviting lounge chairs. Afternoon tea is available from 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
Relax as you enjoy a cold beer or cocktail and swap tales with fellow adventurers. Open 11am to 11pm.
Regular flights are available from all Australian capital cities with Qantas or Virgin Blue to Cairns(CNS). Check with travelzone for the best available airfares.
From Cairns, guests have the following transfer options:
Car rental is available through all major car rental companies from Cairns Airport and City. The trip takes approximately 90 minutes from Cairns. Travelzone can organise the best possible rate for you.
Private Car Transfer
Cairns Limousines offer a meet & greet service from Cairns Airport and the City. Cars depart daily on demand and seat up to three passengers with luggage. Larger vehicles are also available. Please ask us for more details.